ACCESSORY DRIVE GEARBOXES
Kawak designs and manufactures specialized accessory drive gearboxes for our FAA approved products as well as for custom applications covering a wide range of aircraft and industries. These gearboxes are used to transmit power from turbine engines, helicopter transmission accessory drive pads, and other various outputs into auxiliary devices such as hydraulic pumps, generators and hoist systems.
When coupled with one of Kawak’s hydraulic systems, Kawak gearboxes provide power for attached or suspended implements used in many aviation industry applications. The following are some examples of the aircraft applications currently using Kawak gearboxes and FAA approved hydraulic systems.
- Geophysical survey receiver array hoists
- Airplane and helicopter spray systems
- Helicopter forestry equipment
- Helicopter hover refill pump systems
- Helicopter fire tank control systems
- Aircraft air conditioner systems
- Aircraft auxiliary 400Hz generator drives
- Hydraulic winch drives
Kawak accessory drive gearboxes can be found on many aircraft including the Boeing B234 & CH-47 Chinook, Kaman K-1200 K-Max, Sikorsky S61, Bell 206L, 212, 412, UH-1H, Airbus AS565 Panther helicopters as well as the Air Tractor 502, 602 and 802, PT-6 Thrush, Cessna C208 Caravan, Cresco, and Basler BT-67 conversions for the DC-3.
System Components and Features:
- Mounts to supplemental drive pad on engine transmission or other application via interconnect flange
- Gearbox is independent of application via a shear coupling
- Self-contained lubrication system does not share oil from transmission
- Gears are designed and manufactured to AGMA Class 10 or better for smooth operation and long life
- Precision deep groove bearings provide for a high TBO
|GEAR RATIO||1.72 : 1||3.18 : 1||2.14 : 1||2.14 : 1||2 : 1||3.55 : 1||1.264 : 1||1.838 : 1||4 : 1|
|POWER OUTPUT||33 HP||30 HP||25 HP||50 HP||40 HP||50 HP||22 HP||33 HP||25 HP|
|INTENDED APPLICATIONS||BELL 212, 412, UH-1H||P&W PT6 ENGINE||SIKORSKY S61||KAMAN K1200 KMAX||BOEING B234 CHINOOK||BOEING CH-47 CHINOOK||AIRBUS AS565 PANTHER||BELL 412 GEN. & HYD. DRIVE||12K RPM INPUT – 3K RPM OUTPUT|
KAWAK AVIATION TECHNOLOGIES QUALITY STATEMENT
All components designed and built to provide the utmost in reliability and longevity. Manufactured in the USA under FAA/PMA approved quality control system, your satisfaction is guaranteed.