Why Kawak Aviation?
We are a team of professionals, creators, and engineers inspired by transforming clients’ businesses through the products and services we provide. Our mission is to provide the aviation industry and our customers with intelligent innovation, industry leading performance, and the safest mission equipment solutions possible. Our teams brainstorm, research, test, and execute to achieve our mission. At the heart of everything we do is our unrelenting drive to develop the solutions and the fundamental relationships necessary to achieve our mission and succeed. It fuels our creativity. It’s how we solve business problems. It’s the reason we love rolling up our sleeves, getting to work and it’s why we’re successful. Our roots are in engineering great solutions to problems, our passion is contagious and our people are simply the best. Sound like fun? Join the family.
Kawak Aviation offers medical & dental coverage and pays for 100% of the insurance costs for its employees.
As well as paid holidays throughout the year we encourage our employees to take advantage of vacation benefits to rest, inspire creativity and enjoy our very own Central Oregon playground.
401(K) /Contribution Match
We offer a 4% annual income 401(k) contribution match.
We provide a 100% coffee coverage benefit ensuring that your caffeine intake needs are met for as long as you’re a Kawak team member! Yes we’re a serious company, but we do like to have fun…and appreciate a little humor from time to time.
*This position has been filled! - Technical Writer
We have a current opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our team in Bend, Oregon.
About The Work You’ll Do:
The Technical Writer will be responsible for writing, editing, illustrating, publishing, proofreading, and managing technical documents that keep our customers flying. These include standard operation, Installation, and maintenance manuals, training documents, illustrated parts catalogs, service bulletins, and reports. The Technical Writer will manage and control all technical documents in accordance with standard company practices and procedures and will revise new and existing documents per engineering changes, requests, new information, and corrections. Other expectations may include:
• Produce new and revised product technical manuals
• Learn and draw information from various sources, including hands-on on the production floor and by working with our subject matter experts (Vested Party, engineers, and manufacturing)
• Author procedures for technical publication in M.S. Word
• Other duties as needed
Experience We’d Like To See:
• Previous experience as an Aviation Technical Writer directly related to creating and revising technical documents
• A degree (Associate or Bachelor) or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of aircraft systems and operations and/or familiarity with FAA rules and regulations
• Technical writing experience drawing material from engineering drawings, manufacturing, and supplier data
• Experience using CAD/SolidWorks illustrations
• A great attitude and be excited to learn
• Be a self-starter and able to make sound writing decisions with minimum supervision
• Experience using image manipulation software (Photoshop, GIMP, Illustrator, etc.)
• Experience with MS Office suite
• Ability to read and understand engineering data
What You Get Out Of The Deal:
• Mid-Level up to Experienced Aerospace Technical Writer Position
• On-the-job training and advancement opportunities
• Work schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Three (3) weeks of paid time off
• Seven (7) paid holidays
• Discretionary year-end bonus
• 100% paid health, vision, and dental benefits for employees
• 401K retirement plan with a 4% matching program
• Pay increases based on performance
• Friendly team environment
At Kawak, we are proud to serve all the people who rely on our products and services every day. That’s why we hold ourselves to the highest standards in our work, how we do it, and how we support our people. If you believe that you have the right skill set for this position please apply in person at 20690 carmen loop suite 102, Bend, Oregon, via our website (This page), or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're always looking for new talent!
Even if we’re not currently hiring for specific positions we’re always thinking about the future and building the dream team. If you’re hungry, humble and smart, we want to know you! Kawak is always looking for the right talent. If you want to be considered for future openings, we’ll review your resumé and keep you in mind when relevant positions become available.
If we sound like the kind of company you’d like to be a part of and you think you have something to contribute to our team please get in touch or check back with us soon.