Why Kawak Aviation?
We are creators and engineers inspired by transforming clients’ businesses through the products we provide. Our teams brainstorm, apply research, and test. We design, draw, build and test some more. And at the heart of everything we do is our unrelenting drive to develop the solutions and the fundamental relationships necessary to achieve our mission and succeed. It fuels our creativity. It’s how we solve business problems. It’s the reason we love rolling up our sleeves and getting down to work and it’s why we’re successful. Our roots are in engineering great solutions to problems, our passion is contagious and our people are simply the best. Sound like fun? Join the family.
Kawak Aviation offers medical & dental coverage and pays for 100% of the insurance costs for its employees.
As well as multiple paid national holidays throughout the year we encourage our employees to take advantage of earned vacation benefits to rest, inspire creativity and enjoy our very own Central Oregon playground.
401(K) /Contribution Match
We offer a 4% annual income 401(k) contribution match.
We provide a 100% coffee coverage benefit ensuring that your caffeine intake needs are met for as long as you’re a Kawak team member!
Description: This position involves support of engineering project leads, design, test, production operations, and fielded products. The candidate will work with the entire Kawak Aviation team on-site in Bend, OR.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems. Applies research to the planning, design, development and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems and produces technical documentation and manufacturing drawings.
Works with a team of engineers and designers to produce or update components and ensure designs meet customer and airworthiness requirements in accordance with contract and aviation requirements. This will include participation in peer and technical reviews interaction with other business functions, customers and manufacturing technicians. Typical work will include creating new designs, creation of 3D models and assemblies in SolidWorks, evaluating engineering change requests, checking and approving manufacturing drawings and creating technical publications and reports.
• Minimum 3-5 years working experience in mechanical design, analysis, and systems integration required.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering desired, but relevant work experience will be considered for non-degreed applicants.
• Proficient in 3D modeling.
• Proficient in ASME Y14.00 engineering drawings practices and related standards.
• Capable of performing in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Working experience with mechanical design, material selection, stress analysis, technical writing.
• Familiar with moving mechanical assemblies for aircraft systems.
• Strong Solidworks skills with PDM experience.
• Hydraulics experience a plus.
• Demonstrated experience with aircraft hardware design, testing, and integration.
If you would like to be considered for this opening please submit your resumé on the right side of this page. Thanks for applying with us.
We're always looking for new talent!
We’re not currently hiring any other positions, but we’re always happy to hear from qualified candidates. If you’re hungry, humble and smart, we want to know you! Kawak is always looking for the top talent. If you want to be considered for future openings, we’ll review your resumé and keep you in mind when relevant positions become available.
If we sound like the kind of company you’d like to be a part of and you think you have something to contribute to our team please get in touch or check back with us soon.