Why Kawak Aviation?
We are a team of professionals, creators, and engineers inspired by transforming clients’ businesses through the products and services we provide. Our mission is to provide the aviation industry and our customers with intelligent innovation, industry leading performance, and the safest mission equipment solutions possible. Our teams brainstorm, research, test, and execute to achieve our mission. At the heart of everything we do is our unrelenting drive to develop the solutions and the fundamental relationships necessary to achieve our mission and succeed. It fuels our creativity. It’s how we solve business problems. It’s the reason we love rolling up our sleeves, getting to work and it’s why we’re successful. Our roots are in engineering great solutions to problems, our passion is contagious and our people are simply the best. Sound like fun? Join the family.
Kawak Aviation offers medical & dental coverage and pays for 100% of the insurance costs for its employees.
As well as paid holidays throughout the year we encourage our employees to take advantage of vacation benefits to rest, inspire creativity and enjoy our very own Central Oregon playground.
401(K) /Contribution Match
We offer a 4% annual income 401(k) contribution match.
We provide a 100% coffee coverage benefit ensuring that your caffeine intake needs are met for as long as you’re a Kawak team member! Yes we’re a serious company, but we do like to have fun…and appreciate a little humor from time to time.
The Quality Inspector is responsible for evaluating and determining that manufactured parts and test articles meet approved drawings and specifications while working under the procedures and policies of Kawak quality management systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Inspector will assure compliance to a variety of dimensional and specification requirements. This includes receiving inspection, in-process inspection, first article inspections, final inspection and customer presentation. The Quality Inspector will validate the physical characteristics as well as the processing requirements and the data certifications of parts with complex geometry and configurations. This position is responsible for insuring component manufacturing documentation is complete, accurate, and in conformance to the various drawings, documents, and company procedures. The Quality Inspector works directly with Manufacturing, Engineering, and the Purchasing departments.
Conducts inspections of products (parts, assemblies, raw materials, tooling, instruments, etc.) to validate compliance to design data requirements which include drawings, specifications, and contract requirements at predetermined steps in the manufacturing process using basic inspection methods and tools. This position is located in Bend, OR.
Come be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products! At Kawak we are proud not just of what we do, but how we do it, from developing innovative products and services and investing in our people and future workforce, to providing our customers with the highest performing and safest possible products and services.
• Inspects a wide variety of aircraft component material, parts, and assemblies using measuring/inspection instruments (e.g. micrometers, gauges and calipers) with proper inspection techniques.
• Reads, interprets and utilizes Quality policies, procedures, blueprints and other documentation.
• Performs receiving, in-process, final inspection & 1st article approval of manufactured, assembled, and tested hardware and components.
• Operates computer systems to perform inspection tasks (e.g. Quantum Control, Engineering Information System, labor charging).
• Verifies all work order documentation for accuracy and completeness.
• Administers visual and physical inspections of units and subassemblies.
• Documents product non-conformances using proprietary systems, as appropriate.
• Responsible for First Article Inspections and completes related documentation.
• Performs administrative tasks associated with files management.
• Conducts Preliminary Material Reviews (PMR) as needed.
• HS diploma with a minimum of 2 years of Quality Inspection experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
• GD&T experience
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
• This Job does not allow remote work schedules
We're always looking for new talent!
We’re not currently hiring any other positions, but we’re always happy to hear from qualified candidates. If you’re hungry, humble and smart, we want to know you! Kawak is always looking for the top talent. If you want to be considered for future openings, we’ll review your resumé and keep you in mind when relevant positions become available.
If we sound like the kind of company you’d like to be a part of and you think you have something to contribute to our team please get in touch or check back with us soon.