Why Kawak Aviation?
We are a team of professionals, creators, and engineers inspired by transforming clients’ businesses through the products and services we provide. Our mission is to provide the aviation industry and our customers with intelligent innovation, industry leading performance, and the safest mission equipment solutions possible. Our teams brainstorm, research, test, and execute to achieve our mission. At the heart of everything we do is our unrelenting drive to develop the solutions and the fundamental relationships necessary to achieve our mission and succeed. It fuels our creativity. It’s how we solve business problems. It’s the reason we love rolling up our sleeves, getting to work and it’s why we’re successful. Our roots are in engineering great solutions to problems, our passion is contagious and our people are simply the best. Sound like fun? Join the family.
Kawak Aviation offers medical & dental coverage and pays for 100% of the insurance costs for its employees.
As well as paid holidays throughout the year we encourage our employees to take advantage of vacation benefits to rest, inspire creativity and enjoy our very own Central Oregon playground.
401(K) /Contribution Match
We offer a 4% annual income 401(k) contribution match.
We provide a 100% coffee coverage benefit ensuring that your caffeine intake needs are met for as long as you’re a Kawak team member! Yes we’re a serious company, but we do like to have fun…and appreciate a little humor from time to time.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Quality Inspector to join our team in Bend, Oregon.
We design and build products for the utility aviation industry, focusing on mission success, performance, innovation, and unwavering support.
This job will focus on performing incoming/receiving inspections, final inspections, FAI documentation, maintaining inspection documents, and assisting the Quality Manager.
• Inspect products using gauges and basic hand tools (calipers, micrometers, comparator, and other metrology instruments).
• Reads, interprets, and utilizes Quality System policies, procedures, and related documentation.
• Interprets and reads engineering drawings and specifications to ensure accurate part manufacturing and conformance to product or service requirements.
• Performs first article inspection (FAI) of newly designed or revised products.
• Inspection of incoming products to ensure proper paperwork is received and parts conform to specifications, engineering, and purchase order requirements.
• In-process inspection of parts being manufactured.
• Perform quality inspection on outgoing products.
• Rejects all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
• Measure product dimensions, examine functionality and compare the final product to the specifications.
• Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
• Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
• Identify quality issues.
• Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager.
• Highschool Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
• 2-3 years of industry relevant inspection experience on machined/formed parts.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
• Good math and technical skills.
• Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
• Practical experience in precision equipment and calibration.
• Blueprint reading.
• Knowledge of aerospace materials.
• Proven experience as quality inspector or relevant role.
• A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
• Full-time position with immediate availability.
• Competitive starting wage based on experience and aptitude.
• Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Full medical and dental benefits.
• Matching 401K program.
• Paid time off.
How to Apply:
In-person: Visit 20690 Carmen Loop Suite 102, Bend, Oregon.
Online: Apply on our website.
Email: Send your resume to Justin@kawakaviation.com.
At Kawak, we take pride in serving those who rely on our products and services. Join us in upholding the highest standards in our work and support. If you’re ready for a rewarding challenge, apply now!
We're always looking for new talent!
Even if we’re not currently hiring for specific positions we’re always thinking about the future and building the dream team. If you’re hungry, humble and smart, we want to know you! Kawak is always looking for the right talent. If you want to be considered for future openings, we’ll review your resumé and keep you in mind when relevant positions become available.
If we sound like the kind of company you’d like to be a part of and you think you have something to contribute to our team please get in touch or check back with us soon.