Why Kawak Aviation?
We are a team of professionals, creators, and engineers inspired by transforming clients’ businesses through the products and services we provide. Our mission is to provide the aviation industry and our customers with intelligent innovation, industry leading performance, and the safest mission equipment solutions possible. Our teams brainstorm, research, test, and execute to achieve our mission. At the heart of everything we do is our unrelenting drive to develop the solutions and the fundamental relationships necessary to achieve our mission and succeed. It fuels our creativity. It’s how we solve business problems. It’s the reason we love rolling up our sleeves, getting to work and it’s why we’re successful. Our roots are in engineering great solutions to problems, our passion is contagious and our people are simply the best. Sound like fun? Join the family.
Kawak Aviation offers medical & dental coverage and pays for 100% of the insurance costs for its employees.
As well as paid holidays throughout the year we encourage our employees to take advantage of vacation benefits to rest, inspire creativity and enjoy our very own Central Oregon playground.
401(K) /Contribution Match
We offer a 4% annual income 401(k) contribution match.
We provide a 100% coffee coverage benefit ensuring that your caffeine intake needs are met for as long as you’re a Kawak team member! Yes we’re a serious company, but we do like to have fun…and appreciate a little humor from time to time.
Mechanical Engineer Level II
Kawak Aviation Technologies, Inc (KATI) draws on the exceptional talent and creativity of its multidisciplinary team to solve the toughest problems in the utility aviation industry. We help companies, governments, and individuals from the earliest stages of problem definition to prototype creation and demonstration, to first unit commission and continued support in the field. A continual desire to understand our customer needs has led our team to create exceptional quality products in Aerial Agriculture, Helicopter fire fighting systems, Flight Control Quadrants, Electric motors, fast-track product development and auxiliary mission power systems.
We have a current opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer Level II to join our team in Bend, Oregon.
This position entails working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to perform mechanical, systems, and design engineering for the utility aviation industry. The successful candidate will develop concepts for products and complex systems, design in accordance with unique industry standards, analyze products for improvement and cost reduction, and facilitate manufacturing operations.
• Minimum 5-10 years professional working experience in mechanical engineering, analysis, and systems integration required.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Proficient in 3D modeling.
• Proficient in ASME Y14.00 engineering drawings practices and related standards.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team environments.
• Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in a high cadence environment.
• Multi-disciplined engineer confident working through ambiguity and uncertainty across complex assignments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Working experience with mechanical design, material selection, stress analysis, technical writing.
Strongly Desired Skills:
• Familiar with mechanical assemblies for aircraft systems.
• Rockstar Solidworks skills (3+yrs preferred) with PDM experience.
• Hydraulics system design and integration
• Electromechanical design and integration
• Demonstrated experience with aircraft hardware design, testing, and integration.
• Experience and understanding of aircraft sheet metal design and standards
• Experience with Aircraft Fuselage design and analysis
• Experience with fluid dynamics and analysis
• Experience designing firefighting water tanks and electromechanical supporting systems
• Company provided paid time off
• Six paid holidays
• Discretionary year-end bonus
• 100% paid health, vision, and dental benefits
• 401k retirement plan with 4% matching program
• Pay Increases based on performance
• Opportunities for advancement
• Friendly team environment
• Fun company events
• Live and work in Beautiful Bend, Oregon:https://www.visitbend.com/
We're always looking for new talent!
We’re not currently hiring any other positions, but we’re always happy to hear from qualified candidates. If you’re hungry, humble and smart, we want to know you! Kawak is always looking for the top talent. If you want to be considered for future openings, we’ll review your resumé and keep you in mind when relevant positions become available.
If we sound like the kind of company you’d like to be a part of and you think you have something to contribute to our team please get in touch or check back with us soon.