Cascade Fire Bucket
The Cascade helicopter firefighting bucket – The high-performance helicopter fire fighting bucket designed for efficient and reliable aerial firefighting operations. The Cascade bucket is designed to have an excellent drop pattern maximizing coverage and extinguishing flames effectively. Its flight characteristics are reliably stable, making it easy to handle even under challenging conditions. Additionally, the bucket is designed to dip-fill rapidly without special technique, reducing turnaround time and maximizing firefighting effectiveness. The Cascade’s compact collapsible design further adds to its convenience, making it easy to store, transport and deploy. The Cascade bucket is an essential tool for firefighting professionals, offering exceptional performance, innovative design, and industry leading support.
Features and Benefits
- Excellent stable flight characteristics
- Superior drop pattern with both high density and good coverage
- Collapsible top frame for storage, ground handling, and ease of transport
- Free motion valve opening allows rapid sink and fill in the dip (no special dip technique or training required)
- Kawak engineered simple, robust, electric linear valve actuator (no adjustments for continued use)
- 1600 Gpm AC refill pump, significant weight savings over heavy DC lines; draws 35 amps
- Modular design for ease of maintenance and troubleshooting
- Stronger than steel, lightweight, synthetic rigging
- Fully manufactured in Oregon, USA
- Two US & international patents pending
Current Model/Size Availability
- 900gal (3410 liters) – 324lbs w/o refill – 404lbs w/refill – 34 second powerfill
- 1060gal (4000 liters) – 334lbs w/o refill – 414lbs w/refill – 40 second powerfill
- 2600gal (9800 liters) – 594lbs w/o refill – 674lbs w/refill – 85 second powerfill
* Kawak is currently producing bucket sizes based on “Current” customer demand. If you are interested in a specific size not listed on this page let us know what size you are interested in. Production of other popular bucket sizes imminent.
Cascade Bucket Support
- Cascade Bucket User Manual – ***For 2023 Models Only! 2024 Version will be available here on or before February 1, 2024***
- Updated version of this checklist for 2024 buckets will be available here on or before February 1, 2024
KAWAK AVIATION TECHNOLOGIES QUALITY STATEMENT
All components designed and built to provide the utmost in reliability and longevity. Manufactured in the USA under FAA/PMA approved quality control system, your satisfaction is guaranteed.